Sunday, January 18, 2015

Kensi 'n' Tom - The social animal instinct


Listen to the EP below

:: Animals - TB

Feeding time,
under the cover of darkness.
Someone needs advice on wearing animal prints.
That can wait till the morning.
In the morning they’ll discover which pool they’ve been drinking from,
Whose ear’s been ‘accidentally’ mistaken for tucker,
And where they finally nestled.
It all begins with the poetry of the foot.
The moth launches its assault on the butterfly.
The cat brushes against the legs of the elephant,
While the panda yells out bamboo.
I sip at my nectar and monitor their movements.
I feel the closest I’ve ever felt to being alive.




:: Instinct - KC

He comes under my skin
a word after a word after a word
bridging the gaps of time and space
existing between us.

I wave to him 
to come on, 
which he does cautiously,
stopping every few meters
to look me over - 

we construe reality
with the words we're given.
When you get up courage to approach
you'll be able to read me deeper.



  
N.B.:

- TB is usually found Under the Toadstool, but don't you love seeing him here? Maybe we should start a hashtag: #stayTB.
- These poems are shared with The Real Toads
- Kensi 'n' Tom EP art by Kenia Cris
TB is definitely my Queneau. <3

10 comments:

  1. For some reason I read this and instantly thought of Maroon 5's song "Animals."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feline approach to words we write.. how subtlety can win a heart.. great collab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice presentation of all. I'm curious about the context or the impetus behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We "construe reality with the words we're given"...great line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. luv how these line wrap into each other

    I feel the closest I’ve ever felt to being alive.
    ❧✿❧
    He comes under my skin

    have a good Tuesday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, someone needs advice on wearing animal prints? Wear them frequently, and take on the qualities of the creatures themselves. Rawr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "t all begins with the poetry of the foot." Intriguing line - not sure I understood this poem, but I want to. Read it three times. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your 'Animals' piece. I have fallen in love with the baby elephant at the local zoo, and this brought to mind her and all her companions!

    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2015/01/27/spectrum/

    ReplyDelete